Me,Myself et Moi

My photo
Buenos dias world
As I am new to this I thought I would share a few little facts about myself..that is if you're interested

1. Im a half mexican, half turkish (Mexish) born and bred english girl so techincally I am a mongrel.

2. Travelling is an addiction of mine. I find it hard to stay in one place for a long time as I think that this world of ours was made for us to explore.

3. My obsession with food is a little extreme. I used to be one of those girls at school who would ask 'Are you going to finish that?' I love pretty much everthing apart from brussel sprouts and zucchini. I would ban them if I had the power.

4. I could not talk english until I was 6 so my nursery days consisted of Janel bitting the kids to communicate with them. But do not worry. My cannibal days are over...I think.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

The Beatles, Flower ♥ Power and loads of Eyeliner

It was only the other day that my mother was asking me to Youtube all these songs from back in her days. It most certainly brought back memories of my childhood when she used to CONSTANTLY play these songs in the car and when the days of my control over the radio was practically non-existent. Eventually I started to learn these classics off by heart which some people would find very bizarre. However it does put a smile on my face listening to these songs once in a while bringing back sweet memories.

An indie rock band, The Like, is a 60's inspired group from LA. Apart from being a very talented group of young ladies, they also have have great style. It is nice to see that the swinging sixties still swings.





 
 


Whilst wandering around London yesterday, I saw that in many of the shops there are 60's inspired designs. But take a look at Asos as they have all the essentials to complete your Twiggy style. Here is a small peek of some of the items.















 


 Twiggy, Jane Birkin and Edie Sedgwick are certainly famous style icons of the sixties. However as much as I adore their 'groovy flavor', there is another lady who personally beats them all, la bella Sophia Loren. Elegance, sophistication, beauty and strong personality are words that spring to mind when describing this Roman goddess. The screen siren was not afraid to emphasize her beauty through her feminine outfits which showed off her voluptuous curves and turned her into an international sex symbol... and even had a pasta named after her! Now that means something right? You can make up your own mind about the Italian stalioness (yes, I have just made up that word) and will leave you with a quote of hers.


"A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view. " ♥











No comments:

Post a Comment